Leadership Event: Reframing VUCA - Developing Leadership Through Disruption
Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity: this is what we are told the world of business is like today. Is it a valid concept, helping focus thought and attention, or simply a handy buzz-word to ‘explain away’ a variety of difficulties being faced and distract us from the basics?
There is no doubt that the business panorama is more disrupted now than it has ever been. There is no doubt that the rate and pace of change has been increasing…technological advances happen more rapidly, the demographics of the global workforce is changing, our global village is growing in size yet shrinking in distance. Shan Zhai – breaking conventional moulds of operating; the rapid growth in appearance of unicorns; the uptake of “agile” structures, frameworks and procedures……all potential opportunities or threats, depending on your situation.
Join us for lunch and an afternoon of exploring some of the important, and often less obvious, emerging shifts in attitudes and behaviours that are proving useful to organisations as the pace of change continues to increase. We will look at perspectives from some in the thick of it, sharing what's working for them and look at developing practical steps that can be taken to thrive under these circumstances. We will hear from:
- Rear Admiral Chis Parry: one of the UK’s top strategic thinkers and forecasters, whose assessments about the future have consistently proved extremely accurate and are considered amongst the best in the field by governments, the City, the academic world and a variety of national and international institutions.
- Charlotte Addison: HR and Operations at FelineSoft Limited – a self-organising (teal) software development company
- Nick Wright: International OD Consultant and psychological coach
Accepting that disruption is the evolving norm for the future, we will consider what might be some of the elements of best practice for organisations to adopt in this current unfolding environment and how reframing VUCA could help.
In discussion, we will take time to:
- Gain some insights into what this might mean for your business
- Look at what are you doing now that will continue to work, and serve you well to support growth
- Develop some practical ideas around what you might need to change
If you haven't signed up and would like to find out more, then register below for this HALF-DAY event, starting with lunch from 13.00 and concluding at 17.00:
Date: Tuesday 19th November: 13:00 – 17:00
Venue: RSA House, John Adam Street, London WC2N 6EZ
Email email@example.com to book your place.
Early bird offer: Book by 31st October for £125 + VAT per person. Cost after 31st October will be £175 + VAT per person.
Eluminas has a wealth of experience in leadership and team development, helping leaders and their teams to deliver through change.
Places at these events are limited; however, we are happy for you to share the link with other leaders in your network. (Our events are primarily aimed at company leaders. If you are an independent coach who would like to attend, please email the event organisers and we will be happy to add you to our waiting list. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding, thank you).
With kind regards,